Welcome to Birthing sanctuary, a sacred birth and educational project in Auroville. We are a group of birth educators and health professionals who focus on preconception, conscious conception, pregnancy, natural birth preparation, infant care, early childhood, parenting and child-rearing. We seek to share experiences, and inspirations on how to apply the spiritual approach of the Mother and Sri Aurobindo to those aspects of life. Based on the knowledge, resources and experience of its members this group offers the following services: personal support during pregnancy, birth, postpartum and beyond, education, pregnancy retreats, inspirational and informational talks, seminars, library resources, personal sessions incl. massage, acupuncture, acupressure, hypno-birthing, reflexology, belly dance, yoga classes, baby massage, blessing ceremonies for the mother and baby and more. We are a global community of passionate people, merging our visions and inspirations, to provide you with a gentle, holistic, sacred, and safe birthing experience.
Our goal is to create and environment and an opportunity for mother to be, and her family, to prepare themselves, physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually, to receive and raise their children in love and awareness.
The goal of Birthing center is to return birth to the family by empowering them through pregnancy education classes, parenting courses, and midwifery and doula support.
We are offering a variety of resources to support you and your family, during the childbearing years, with our core intentions being:
- To give birth back to the family
- To respect and protect the sacred, sexual, physiological, and instinctive qualities of birth
- To provide a safe, alternative, and sacred space for the birthing Mother
- To create a birthing community
- To heal the earth through healing our own birth
- To provide experienced, holistic, loving, non-invasive spiritual midwifery support
Furthermore, The Birth Sanctuary is offering the following holistic childbirth services:
- Alternative health programs and practitioners to assist in your personal healing journey
- Holistic Postpartum Care and Courses
- Holistic Doula Courses
- Yoga & Sacred Dance Temple
- Ceremonies to honor Feminine Rites of Passages (the sacred feminine)
- Programs and Classes dedicated to honor the fathers (the sacred masculine)
- Community Building Retreats & Opportunities
- A Sacred Midwifery College-An educational center for aspiring midwives with on-site apprenticeship opportunities